I woke up this morning and got on Pinterest. Not sure why but I just got on there. There were a gillion (meaning a lot) pins on BLOGGING. Was this a sign?
Let’s back up….I’ve been journalling since I was a kid. In fact, I have my first journal. Journals are good for the soul. They help you to release thoughts. They help you proclaim things that you want to come to pass. So, I guess I have three journals? My first isn’t complete but again it’s ancient. I don’t write as much anymore but when I do, it’s mainly to release some of my inner most, pressing, sacred thoughts.
Back in the early 2000s, the5thquarter.com had a Journals section for their members. So, I started “blogging” there. Then, I didn’t blog for a while….I guess…that part is a blur. Then, I started this Tumblr page which I kept up cor a while but then Tumblr started trippin’. I had a blogspot page for a summer while I lived in Vancouver (WA) but I don’t even remember the name…:-\ I have an Evernote account that contains a lot…of private stuff.
So that brings me back to today and all of these blog pins. I guess I need to get back into my groove but I need to make sure that it’s worth my time. :-)
I’ll let you marinate on that for some minutes…..
I can’t believe it’s been 5 years ago since I began this blog. That was 2009. In 2009, I turned 30, I partied a lot and I moved to Vancouver (WA) for 2 months. I was in a place where I was trying to explore my horizons and see if I could live in solitude for a period of time. I ended up having a pretty good time while there thanks to my friends that I met there. But, I was SO GLAD when I came back to Nashville in September of that year! There’s nothing like being in your “element”.
So - Looking back and remembering what was going on…..
Five years ago, I was still on the quest to figuring out weight loss and eating properly - meaning eating regular meals that is. There’s a science to eating right but once you get it down and know what you can eat or know how food affects you and know what to do to make it not affect you IF it’s not good for you, then….it becomes not a bad thing to figure out. Not to mention - you really start to change your way of eating and it not be something that bothers you.
Five years ago, I decided to write a book. I’m still going to write that book. I finally came up with a title!!! It may take another few years for me to produce the book though. I plan to be here so I’ll be patient. :-)
Five years ago, I was going through a lot of personal things and let God do his WILL and his THING to ensure that me and my family and friends were taken care of. Not that I ever doubted GOD but you know - sometimes, you just have to let him do his thing and stop trying to do yours.
Five years later, everything has worked out for the greater good. I FINALLY found a work out strategy that is effective and works for me and I know what I need to eat and how often I need to eat in order to keep my figure…..not the this figure is the BOMB DIGGITY or anything! But, I’m much happier with this figure than I have been in years. :-)
Five years later….I still kick it but I’m not as aggressive with kicking it. I’m more cognizant of my budget….I’ve never struggled with budgeting but I realized that I could do a lot better than what I was doing with my funds. Gotta budget it aaaaaaaalllllll out. Not just the bills but the fun money too. Gotta set limits and not live beyond the means. Again - I’ve never had issues with that either but I just know that I could do better.
I turn 35 in less than a month and I have no clue what I’m doing. If you know me and know me well - I ALWAYS do something for my birthday. Even the 2 years that I was living in other places and didn’t know people, I still ended up doing something big for my birthday.
But right now, today….a few weeks before the 3-5 goes down, I have no clue about my plans. Not one invite has gone out. Folks with birthdays AFTER ME have their invites out. *shrug* Maybe I’ll have a low-key 35th and a GO HARD IN THE PAINT 35 and half (like when it gets warmer and someone will let me borrow their pool for the day and invite all of my friends?!). My ideas are random and sporatic…..my typical thought process. :-)
I think I’m having a block. There’s writer’s block and then there’s PLANNER’S BLOCK…..THAT’S ME! My mind is going into gridlock. When I plan activities, I like to always have good food, drinks and entertainment. What does a room full of people do without entertainment…..they may talk. *food for thought* But, folks like to have something to munch on or something to DRANK. Folks like to stop in the middle of what they’re saying to say, “THAT’S MY SONG!” or sing the lyrics to whatever song is on at the time. They may decide to break down into a dance routine for like 30 seconds and then go back to talking…..
There’s expectations and I just think that my love for accomodating people and hosting is at a BLOCK right now. But, like my pastor said in his sermon on Sunday - you have to let some expectations DIE.
So, that’s what I’m doing. That still doesn’t mean that I’ll know what I’ll do for my birthday nor does it mean that there will be NOTHING. But, at least my mind won’t hurt like it does right now.
So, back to my blog turning 5 - Thanks to those who have tuned in! I appreciate you reading my thoughts and not judging me. I’m sure what I’m going through now is a PHASE and I’ll get over it. :-)
TO THE RICH GIRL COLLECTION! *raises a glass……of water* *shrug*
Just thought I’d come in and type up a few things. Might as well get random with this musing….
1. Since I was child, I would use big words without knowing the meaning of them. In fact I just used one #musing.
2. I guess I used them based off how I heard others use them. *shrug*
3. My life is on a good little cruise control right now. Still trying to get a few things organized and shave off a few responsibilities….but all in all, I’m doing swell.
4. Best Thing I Never Had should be the Single Girls Who Want a Man Bad anthem. Simply because when that right man finds you - AIN’T NOTHIN’ SWEETER! And then you look back at what you put up with and get mad because you were willing to do whatever it took to get a man. *sigh*
5. The man I’m dating now has set a STANDARD for what I should expect out of a man. :-) He’s dope. :-)
6. I’ve been a bridesmaid in 10 weddings and a hostess in 6. I feel like a wedding pro….
7. But I am terrified as ALL GET OUT to plan my own wedding! It’s not the work….it’s the money! :-/ I know it will get done but you heard it hear first!
8. I started using EverNote for a little while to organize my thoughts for my book…that I’ll publish….one day. :-)
9. When I retire from FHWA, I’ll become an event planner for the 50 and up crowd….birthdays, weddings, bar mitzphahs! (or maybe just birthdays….lol)
10. …..And even when I start doing that at the age of 60, I will still go by Rich Girl to make me feel young! :-) LOL.
11. I also believe that I’ll be taking that trip to Bora Bora for that 60th birthday/retirement celebration!
12. I kind of want my next house to be the final house. NOT HEAVEN. NOT THE RETIREMENT HOME. But, I’m thinking about my my mini-mansion. :-)
That’s all that I have for now. ;-)
“….And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain on tables, that he may run that reads it.”-Habakkuk 2:2.
I’m in North Carolina looking through the file cabinet momma organized for everybody’s STUFF - birth certificates, tax documents, etc. I labeled a folder in…
1. Knowing the importance of courting a woman.
2. His love for God.
3. His ability to hold a good conversation.
I can go on. :-). Just making observations!